Sunday 10 October 2010

Some work from the end of last year.

This is a second attempt of a painting I had made earlier. I switched from oils and brushes to acrylics and rollers to get a more flat surface.






these are 6 sketches out of 10 that I felt worked the best, I would like to maybe develop some of them into paintings this year. I have created these like the rest of the images using found images of natural landscapes. I sketched an intial outline and photocopied it to create different colour versions of the original image. I originally only intented to make 4 versions but carried on making them to explore other colour possibilities and because I liked the repetitiveness of them. They also seemed more effective in a series. 

1 comment:

  1. it seems like the idea of sequence is becoming important.
    It looks like the colour relations are very important within the work, and obviously it is difficult to judge that exactly in your photos.
    These images are fine for now, for the blog, but you will need to practice documenting your work during this year.

    ReplyDelete